The Fresh Air Fund
633 3rd Avenue, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Or send us an email.
We are available to answer your questions or hear your concerns.
The Fresh Air Fund uses its best efforts to respect the privacy of its online visitors. At our site, we do not collect personally identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. This means we do not require you to register or provide information to us in order to view our site. The Fresh Air Fund only gathers personally identifiable data, such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, e-mail addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by a visitor. For example, personally identifiable information may be collected in order to respond to a stated desire to volunteer for The Fresh Air Fund or to make a financial donation online. This information is used solely by The Fresh Air Fund or other entities who are involved in the operation of this site for internal purposes. The Fresh Air Fund lists are never sold to third parties. We will only share personally identifiable information with third parties when (i) the person submitting the information authorizes us to share it; (ii) sharing the information is a necessary operation of the site, for instance, to process a credit card transaction, or (iii) we are required to by law. The Fresh Air Fund has no control over or responsibility for the data collection and use practices of third parties that process online donation credit card transactions.
Is Credit Card Information Secure?
We care about the safety and security of your transaction. We use high grade encryption and the https security protocol to communicate with your browser software. This method is the industry standard security protocol, which makes it extremely difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card information you send to us. Companies we work with to process credit card transactions also use high grade encryption and security protocols. Contributions may also be made by calling 1-800-367-0003.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
Yes. High grade encryption and https security protocols are used for financial transactions on our site.
We Care About Doing It Right
In addition to maintaining privacy and security controls over information you share with us, The Fresh Air Fund works to accurately process your contribution information. During business hours, staff are available to answer questions about your financial donation. You may also send us a message.
The Fresh Air Fund employs error checking procedures to make certain transactions are processed completely and accurately. As necessary, changes are made to improve our systems. And, independent external and internal audits are conducted to ensure the privacy, security and appropriate processing of your information on our site.
How Do We Use “Cookies”?
The Fresh Air Fund welcomes children to learn more about our organization and, where appropriate, find opportunities to serve their communities through The Fresh Air Fund volunteer activities. However, we encourage this to be done only with their parent’s knowledge and supervision. For this reason, The Fresh Air Fund follows the guidelines for interactive electronic media published by the Children’s Advertising Review Unit of the Better Business Bureau. Special notices urging children to get their parent’s permission before providing any personal information have been incorporated into our site.
Thank you for visiting our site. Please contact us should you have any questions about the operation of the site.
The Fresh Air Fund Web site contains notices and copyright information that must be strictly followed and observed. Information on this Web site may also contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. And this information can be updated or changed without notice.
Any confidential or proprietary information submitted to us by e-mail and / or postal mail will be considered as non-confidential and grants The Fresh Air Fund to use such information, material, idea, concept, technique, and/or whatsoever, free of license and charge, reproduce, refabricate, modify, imitate, reiterate, distribute and / or alter those information.
The Fresh Air Fund builds no representations, illustration or whatsoever about any Web site which you may access through The Fresh Air Fund Web site. In case you accessed a non-Fresh Air Fund Web site with or without The Fresh Air Fund logo, please be aware that The Fresh Air Fund, the organization and its administrators, has no control over the content and quality of that Web site. Also, a link to a non-Fresh Air Fund Web site does not mean that The Fresh Air Fund endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such Web site. It is up to you to take precautions or safety measures to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of viruses, worms, Trojans, and other items destructive in nature.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE FRESH AIR FUND BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR ON ANY OTHER LINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The Fresh Air Fund referenced herein is a trademark of The Fresh Air Fund. Other company names and/or labels mentioned herein are or maybe trademarks of the said company.
Child Privacy Policies for Virtual Programs
The Fresh Air Fund is committed to creating a safe and secure online experience for children, including by safeguarding privacy. This policy applies to the personal information that a parent/guardian or child provides to The Fresh Air Fund or to partners or vendors.
Consent: The Fresh Air Fund asked every parent and/or guardian to provide consent to participate in Fresh Air Everywhere. If you have questions about this consent, or wish to revoke it, you may contact us at Privacy@freshair.org.
What information do we collect in the virtual space? As part of the Child Application, parents, guardians and children provide personal information. That information remains private and is not disclosed or shown during live sessions. However, during live sessions, children interacting with Fresh Air Fund staff and others may share or be asked questions that elicit personal information such as name, hobbies, neighborhood, or other personal or identifying information. We require in our Code of Conduct that all children and staff participating in Fresh Air Everywhere agree not to take photographs or screen grabs of content posted by others.
Recording Sessions. The Fresh Air Fund and its partners may record Fresh Air Everywhere sessions as part of our efforts to promote our work.
Use of Disclosure of Personal Information:
The Fresh Air Fund uses its best efforts to never disclose any personal information you or your child provide to any third-party for purposes unrelated to The Fresh Air Fund without having received your permission except or otherwise as permitted or required under applicable law.
Relationships with Vendors:
The Fresh Air Fund has entered into a relationship with Thrively to provide an online platform for engaging summer experiences. We also use Zoom to connect with children during live sessions.
Information We Share:
The Fresh Air Fund, and cooperating organizations, may share information that is collected from you over the internet and through Fresh Air Everywhere on our social media platforms and in marketing and promotional materials.
Privacy of Children under Age 13:
Additional safeguards and privacy protection are in place for children under the age of 13. We strongly urge all parents/guardians to make efforts to be aware of their children’s exploration of the Internet and any online services and to teach their children about protecting their personal information online. Furthermore, since we engage with children under 13 through Fresh Air Everywhere, we have taken additional steps to protect the privacy of such information, including
- Consent: Obtaining consent from the parent or legal guardian of the child before a child is given access to Thrively.
- We limit the collection and use of information collected via Fresh Air Everywhere to no more than is reasonably necessary to accomplish the purpose of the collection;
- Parents may at any time revoke or remove their child’s access to Fresh Air Everywhere or Thrively by emailing us at Privacy@freshair.org
Policies and Guiding Principles on Video Recording:
- The Fresh Air Fund has obtained consent from parents/guardians to take photo and video of child participants, including consent for The Fresh Air Fund to collect personal information from children while using the internet while participating in The Fresh Air Fund Programs.
- The Fresh Air Fund’s consent extends to partners working with The Fresh Air Fund. Partners may record content to share with The Fund. The Fund will store all content and The Fund needs to provide approval prior to a partner’s use of such content.
- Staff and partners may record video and take still images of children engaging with our online content when doing so for approved purposes.
- The storage of all videos and images of children shall be stored and managed by Communications, as led by The Director of Communications.
- When taking videos of children, please advise the children in advance to change their screen names to their initials or first name only.
- Prior to recording video, please inform the children that they are being recorded. There is no need to obtain additional consent at that time.
- If a child or a parent indicates a desire not to be recorded, the child may turn off the camera at any time.
- Children age 13 and below are covered by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), a federal law that sets specific rules on what people who use the internet to engage with children must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. The Fresh Air Fund complies with this policy, including by having a process in place to allow parents of children under age 13 revoke their consent to allow their child’s personal information be collected.
- Videos of children should be stored in Fresh Air Fund-managed location that has a reasonable expectation of security.
- As a matter of policy and to avoid storage costs, Fresh Air Everywhere videos will be automatically deleted one-year after recorded, unless the Communications teams elects to keep specific videos and images.
Questions should be directed to Privacy@freshair.org